5/30/11

Crème de la Crème

In case you were wondering, yes, I did in fact count memorial day as the weekend. Just finished watching some Frasier with mama. Talk about a throwback!


^What exactly is that hairstyle??

Funny 90's!

Alright, now that we've caught up, I am excited to post about my latest DIY project. Homemade cold cream face moisturizer! Why cold cream? Honestly. because I have a slight obsession. I am exposed to this product extensively, lathering my face in the cream liberally every morning, after every shower, and even to remove stingy eye makeup. So why not make my own?

Ingredients
-1 ounce beeswax
-6 tablespoons olive oil
-1 teaspoon borax
-4 tablespoons distilled water
-1-3 drops of an scented essential oil
-reusable container



Step 1: Heat olive oil and beeswax until wax is fully dissolved. In a separate bowl heat distilled water and borax until dissolved



Step 2: Drizzle Water/Borax mixture into Oil/Wax mixture



Step 3- Whisk until it thickens, then add in your essential oil



Step 4 - Transfer to Reusable Container and refrigerate overnight!

2 comments:

  1. Cold cream, thought this was about food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My comment is a week late! Is it bad for an oily person (aka CJLo) to use this type of product?

    ReplyDelete