2/24/13

Review: Real Food Daily


Last week I was so excited to finally get the chance to try out RFD after many encouraging recommendations. Once I finally stopped by their Santa Monica location and felt a little stumped on what to order. Everyone had raved about the spot, but they had failed to mention WHAT to order. I decided to go with the Veggie Wrap and substitute the tofu for portobello mushrooms. My typical go to order at Veggie Grill. After eating the wrap, I was a little disappointed. Onions? In a wrap? No thank you. And the mushrooms and seasonal veggies? Completely soggy and chewy.


But fear not! I gave them a second chance. This weekend I decided to stop by the little cafe to order a club wrap (I cant deny my love of sandwiches and wraps!) out of my coworkers recommendation. And I'm glad I did. It. Was. Amazing. A delicious combination of tempeh, seitan, lettuce, tomato and avocado. An aspiring vegans dream!


Moral of the story? Next time someone gives you a restaurant recommendation, ask them WHAT you should order!

No comments:

Post a Comment