8/31/11

DIY Almond Milk

I was introduced to Almond Milk by my sister Cristina a little over a year ago. Ever since then, I've become hooked. For me, almond milk delivers a better taste and a better nutritional value compared to regular milk. During my last few weeks of summer in Michigan I was sucessfully eating mostly local and non processed foods, with the exception of my beloved Almond Breeze. In sheer determination to eat only pure foods during my last few days at home, I decided to make my own almond milk. And so, the journey began.

1. Boil your almonds in water



2. Peel off almond skin. Tedious but necessary.



3. Place boiled and peeled almonds in blender. Pulse.



4. Pour almond mixture over strainer into a bowl to separate almond paste and almond milk.



5. Pour milk into a fancy glass carton and...



6. Voila! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment